Roger,

As the question was asked, the easiest way to convert to a .bmp seems to be
to use Camtastic to view the gerber, and then select Export to .bmp.
You can then use the photo-like editor of your choice to tweak the file to
your liking, convert to .jpg, etc.

Without using Camtastic, you can only export directly from Protel to a
metafile, and then use a photo editor to convert the file to a .bmp.  I
have had NO luck with the Enhanced Metafile setting, I would suggest not
using it.

Anyone else's posts not echoing besides mine?

-Frank

At 02:08 PM 2/21/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>        I don't write very often but I do read and enjoy this users group. My
>inquiry deals with converting the Protel .pcb, .gtl etc to other formats.
>Does anyone know an expedient way to convert any of these
>files to a .bmp file so others at my business can use the information
>without having to have Protel loaded on their computers.
>
>thanks,
>RM

Frank Gilley
Dell-Star Technologies