Roger McLain wrote:

>        I don't write very often but I do read and enjoy this users group. My
> inquiry deals with converting the Protel .pcb, .gtl etc to other formats.
> Does anyone know an expedient way to convert any of these
> files to a .bmp file so others at my business can use the information
> without having to have Protel loaded on their computers.

A crude method is to copy the screen image to the clipboard with the
"print screen" key, then paste this into paint, and output as a .bmp or
other format of your choice.  The limited screen resolution is the problem
with this method, especially with large drawings.

Another way is to take a PostScript printer output and
run it through a converter, such as GhostScript to convert it to a
...pdf file.  This works quite well.  GhostScript is shareware.

Jon