> The speed of light, c, is constant.  Any improvements in the how fast
light
> travels does not affect the number in metres per second.  The length of
the
> metre is changed instead.

Oh, now I see!  So that's why we cannot exceed the speed of light!  The
faster we go, the further away the object gets!

But wouldn't light go faster or slower if we measured in feet/s, instead of
metres/s?  The foot is measured wrt to an actual bar of some alloy in a
standards lab somewhere, right?  If so, it should show variations in the
speed of light.

Any chance of using tachyons instead?  Can you get a more accurate
measurement by surrounding the footprint in a tertiary subspace inversion
field generated by a modified warp core using a plasma injection density of
4.5 teracochraines per cubic meter?  Oops, it won't work, there's that pesky
meter variation again.   ;-)

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.