> Dear All,
>               I have found this thread interesting and frequently amusing, but
> could we please take it elsewhere now as it does not relate directly to issues
with
> Protel.

Well, actually it does relate.
Protel do not convert mils to mm accurately within their pcbs and footprints.
Protel refuse to recognise that metric should be used and have the pcbs work
natively in mm.
When footprints have to be imperial because of the old 0.1in spacing rules they
don't always convert correctly to metric depending on a number of factors.
I can only hope that Protel provide NATIVE metric grid in their next version.
Or, accurately convert 0.001mm = 1/25.4 mils.
I keep living in hope.

regards,
chris mogford

* To join or leave this list visit: