At 10:48 AM 3/14/01 -0600, you wrote:
>      After finishing a rather large surface mount board, I ran a DRC and
>received a error message "attempted to write or delete a protected file or
>directory" immediately before the program ran.
>After the DRC ran it did not give a report. Does anyone know why this
>message came up and why no report ? I'm using P98, SP3. Thanks.

I would suspect that it came up because the report file (FILENAME.DRC?)
already existed and was protected. There might be other causes. The config
file that controls DRC, I'm not sure which one it is, might be protected.

Once it can't write the file, obviously, the report won't be generated! But
it might proceed with the check anyway. After all, some errors would not
prevent a report from running; the programmers obviously did not trouble
themselves to think of all the contingencies with errors, nor should they
have done so.....

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690