Hello Brad and Abd,

>Michael,
>    you could globally change those vias to any sizing that you wanted,
>or you could selectively change them through selecting pertinent groups of
>the vias separately.
>    You could detect the problem you describe with via sizes by setting
>several of the design rules in the DRC. You could set rules for min/max
via
>hole or pad sizes and you could also set rules for minimum annular ring.
>These would catch the error that you have described.

>Protel does not restrict hole size to pad size, so, no, Protel does not
>complain. If there is an annular ring rule set, DRC will report such
>primitives.
>As long as Specctra routes the board correctly, it should not be a major
>issue to globally edit the vias to appropriate values.

Of course both of you are right that there are ways to work around this
effect. But, nevertheless, it is a bug, which was not there in earlier
versions of Protel (I never worked with Protel 98, but is was definitely
not there in Protel 2.8!). Hence, it should be corrected by Protel asap.

Regards,

Gisbert Auge
N.A.T. GmbH

* To join or leave this list visit: