Eric,

I actually have free time for once, so I thought I might answer your
question :)
You have already discovered the solution to the problem.  Let me confirm
the problem does in fact lie where you suspect :)

>ERRORS: 2 macros can not be executed:
>Macro 1: New Node
>Add node D1-1 to net NetR1_1
>Error: Node not found

Note that the Diode in your schematic library has 2 terminals noted 1
(D1-1), and 2 (D1-2), but your footprint has the terminals noted A and
K.  This is why Protel can't find the nodes; they do have to match.

>...or does the default Protel PCB library have a
>mistake on every diode, LED and bridge?

Yes, to make a long story short, the libraries don't match.  You will have
to either change the footprints to 1 and 2, or you will have to change the
schematic symbol to have pins A and K.  Take your pick.
This should be pretty embarrassing for Protel at this late date, but they
are nevertheless still distributing the libraries this way.

Hope this helps,

Frank

At 04:27 PM 4/3/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>I've been having minor errors doing a schematic to PCB update while using
>diodes, LEDs and bridges.  For some reason I always get errors such as:
>
>ERRORS: 2 macros can not be executed:
>Macro 1: New Node
>Add node D1-1 to net NetR1_1
>Error: Node not found
>
>Macro 2: New Node
>Add node D1-2 to net NetD1_2
>Error: Node not found
>
>Using the default Protel libraries (sch: Miscellaneous Devices.lib and pcb:
>Miscellaneous.lib) will not work.
>The syncronizer appears to not like using A or K in the schematic diode pin
>name and the PCB pad designator.
>The only way I can get it to work is to change A and K to 1 and 2 on the PCB
>library part.
>
>I would prefer to use the more descriptive names (A , K , AC1 , AC2 etc.)
>Is there a way to make this work or does the default Protel PCB library have a
>mistake on every diode, LED and bridge?
>
>Thanks,
>             Eric

Frank Gilley