It is a discrepancy between the sch and PCB library.  Instead of changing
the PCB you can change the pin *number* (not name) in the sch
symbol.  Protel uses sch pin number to match to PCB component pad designator.

Pin numbers and pad designators do not need to be numbers they can be
alpha-numeric but keep then 4 letters/numbers or less.  The pad designator
must precisely match the pin number.

You can do what you wish (A , K , AC1 , AC2 etc.) but you will need to edit
sch library parts as you use them.  Copy the parts you use out of the
Protel-supplied libraries and build up your own set of libraries.  You will
rapidly get to a point where you are only creating a new symbol/footprint
occasionally.

(I use A/K, C/E/B, D/G/S, etc for my sch symbols pin numbers.)

Ian Wilson

On 04:27 PM 3/04/2001 -0600, Eric Albach said:
>I've been having minor errors doing a schematic to PCB update while using
>diodes, LEDs and bridges.  For some reason I always get errors such as:
>
>ERRORS: 2 macros can not be executed:
>Macro 1: New Node
>Add node D1-1 to net NetR1_1
>Error: Node not found
>
>Macro 2: New Node
>Add node D1-2 to net NetD1_2
>Error: Node not found
>
>Using the default Protel libraries (sch: Miscellaneous Devices.lib and pcb:
>Miscellaneous.lib) will not work.
>The syncronizer appears to not like using A or K in the schematic diode pin
>name and the PCB pad designator.
>The only way I can get it to work is to change A and K to 1 and 2 on the PCB
>library part.
>
>I would prefer to use the more descriptive names (A , K , AC1 , AC2 etc.)
>Is there a way to make this work or does the default Protel PCB library have a
>mistake on every diode, LED and bridge?
>
>Thanks,
>             Eric

* To join or leave this list visit: