At 12:35 PM 4/6/01 -0500, Nicholas Cobb wrote:
>I would stay way from advanced circuits. I had them make a board with 8 mil
>trace and 8 mil space and when I got the boards back you could see that an
>exacto knife was used to cut between the traces after the solder mask. It
>was an LIP solder mask and I didn't have a silkscreen. I have had good luck
>with Sierra Proto http://www.2justforyou.com and Accurate Circuit
>Engineering http://www.ace-pcb.com. With the second being cheaper on
>non-standard boards.
>Nick Cobb

Unstated was whether or not the board was functional, and what turnaround
had been specified. It's possible that the only way to make the turnaround
was to patch an already-made board.

I've used Advanced Circuits many times without a problem, other than one
failure to follow my shipping instructions. They cheerfully refunded all
costs associated with that error.

I only use AC for prototype work, not more than about three boards,
preferably less. In that range they are about as cheap as PCB fabrication
gets. They gang jobs together, I'm sure, which explains why the drill
tolerances are large; it enables them to keep the number of drills down.
The procedure is pretty different from regular production, just as a xerox
is different from something lithographed.

There is another cheap proto house that restricts the drills you can use.
More or less the same idea.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690