I think that becuase it was marked as a Keepout it will not be included in
your plots when generated.

Objects Marked as a Keepout can be viewed in a print if you select the
option to show them, but I think they are always left off of the plots.... I
have not tested this with the Solder Mask layers.... but I would assume it
to be the same... as Keepouts shouldn't be necessary on a solder layer.

Because you can assign a rule to one specific pad, however, making the
design rule would be your best option for sure.

But reading through what you wrote... it sounds like your concern might be
getting a polygon plane to connect to it.... but I could be reading more
into it than there really is ;)

If this is also what you are trying to do, you need to make sure that the
mounting hole/pad has been assigned to the same net of the polygon you wish
to connect to.... you can set this in the pad properties or through
Design-->Netlist Manager

If you want it to connect directly with no air gaps, you need to make a
Polygon Connect Style rule for that pad and have it direct connect and then
re-pour the polygon.

Anyway... I hope that is helpful.

Colby Siemer                        ** Custom Battery Chargers
                                           ** Custom Power Supplies
PowerStream Technology       ** Custom UPS
140 S. Mountainway Drive      ** Custom DC/DC Converters
Orem Utah 84058                  ** Power management electronics for OEMs

http://www.PowerStream.com

> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been unsuccessful in pulling the solder mask back around mounting
> holes
> > to let the ground plane through. My method was to place a keep out
circle
> > around the hole on the solder mask layer and generate the ground plane.
> What
> > did I do wrong?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Ken