On 03:21 PM 30/04/2001 -0500, Ted Tontis said:
>I am trying to import a DWG file in to Protel. I have a board in Eagle and I
>am trying to import the board out line and component placement into Protel.
>When I import the file the scale is lost, The board increases in size. Is
>there a way to import the drawing in the same scale it was originally drawn
>in?
>
>Thank you,
>
>Ted Tontis

Sounds like the only imperial/metric scaling issue.  Is the board 25.4
times too big?  Or is the scaling of the board times the scaling reported
during import 25.4 larger then it should be?

To fix you can try importing it as a metric DWG - SP6 version of the
importer allows you to set the imperial or metric.  Alternatively import
into Camtastic and then export gerbers for use in Protel.

I have found that some programs do not export DWG/DXF in  the same manner
as others - not all seem to encode the measurement format
(correctly).  SolidWorks is one program whose output I have needed to
massage in the past.

Ian Wilson

* To join or leave this list visit: