On 12:10 PM 5/2/01 -0700, Gary Richardson said:
>I just received a system with a Matrox G450 video card and would like to
>view the board during layout in two different zoom levels. One overview and
>one close-up.

The subject is not particular to Protel. In fact, the use of multi-monitor
systems for EDA work is a mere subset.

For viewing a single file at two different zooms, I would think that one
would have to open two instances of that file, since it would require two
separate windows. This, of course, presents a certain degree of difficulty
to the desired goal, in that any change made to one drawing would not be
refelcted in the other until such time as the older versxion is closed
(without save), and reopened...More of a pain than it's probably worth, at
least to me.

And to obtain information with which to educate yourself on the basics of
dual-head video, why not visit the website of the company from which you
purchased your video card?

In terms of viewing an overview, the birdseye is, of course, always
available for viewing the overview...

2.2   S E C O N D   D R O P   T O W E R
Andrew J Jenkins        Electrical Engineer
National Center for Microgravity Research
NASA-Glenn Research Center MS 45-1
21000 Brookpark Rd, Cleveland OH 44135
(216) 433-5001 fax:433-3793

* To join or leave this list visit: