<SNIP>

> So I will give my best shot to getting the next version of
> Protel. But it
> would help things in that regard if Protel also comes to the
> aid of the
> party by releasing a new version which is not too buggy (or
> bloated), and
> which provides sufficient bug fixes/new features/enhanced
> features/productivity enhancements to justify the expenditure
> concerned.
>
> Regards,
> Geoff Harland.

Geoff,
        my reply was meant to be tongue-in-cheek only. As stated, I am sure
we all have these stories. Your comments above do apply very aptly to the
situation because each faux pas on Protel's part makes our arguments more
difficult to sell. Not to mention that it is us who are eventually pinched
between our design requirements and the fact that Protel provides technical
support but will not patch or fix older versions for any 'significant'
period past the next release.

Brad Velander,
Lead PCB Designer,
Norsat International Inc.,