From: Dennis Saputelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Protel EDA Forum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tuesday, 10 July 2001 03:17
Subject: Re: [PEDA] How do I unlock component strings ?

>i think i remember running into this
>as i recall I had to go back to 2.8 to fix it up for re-import
>
>Dennis Saputelli
>
>Linden Doyle wrote:
>>
>> Greetings all,
>>
>>     How do I unlock component strings ?
>>
>>     I didn't even know they could be locked.
>>
>>     I am editing a legacy design using 99SE+SP6 (somebody else started in
Autotrax, last edited in Protel98)
>>     All mods have been completed and I'm now putting component
designators and comments in the positions that I want them. When selecting
each string to be moved Protel issues the warning: "Primitive is locked.
continue?"
>>     Hitting "Yes" allows me to reposition the string. I have seen (and
used) locked components before but have never seen this type of thing when
manipulating component strings. This isn't the end of the world but it is
annoying when I need to move a lo
>t of strings.
>>
>>     Has anyone seen this behaviour before? Or better still how to fix it?
Am I missing something blatantly obvious? (it is Monday after all...)
>>     There is nothing in the string edit dialogue box that allows the
string to be locked or unlocked. The strings are behaving as though it is a
component primitive (ie: pad or track). I've never seen this behaviour in
all the designs I have done from s
>cratch or upgraded over the years.
>>
>>     (I know about the existence of the string positioning functions but I
have some mechanical constraints that I want the text to avoid - easier done
manually)