From: Jon Elson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 3:47 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] need uMAX10 footprint

Bagotronix Tech Support wrote:

> > one last thought on this
> > it may not matter what footprint you use because when you really get
> > rolling and really need the chips they won't be available
> > it is Maxim you know :)
> >

> Yeah, they stink when it comes to parts availability.  Their parts are
> great, if you can get 'em.  I try to avoid Maxim like the plague for this
> reason, but sometimes they've got the right part and no one else does.
Now
> that they have acquired Dallas, will they infect that product line with
> "unobtanium" too?

That is curious!  I have been using a few Maxim parts in fair numbers, and
have

never had trouble getting parts.  Now, the parts I use probably are not the
ones
going into cell phones, which may be the problem.

I have used the Max 412, and use a lot of Max310 and Max901 parts, and have
never
had the slightest trouble getting them.  The only odd thing is that EVERY
Maxim
part I
use is not carried by Digi-Key, although they carry pages of other Maxim
parts.

Jon