> one last thought on this
> it may not matter what footprint you use because when you really get
> rolling and really need the chips they won't be available
> it is Maxim you know :)

Yeah, they stink when it comes to parts availability.  Their parts are
great, if you can get 'em.  I try to avoid Maxim like the plague for this
reason, but sometimes they've got the right part and no one else does.  Now
that they have acquired Dallas, will they infect that product line with
"unobtanium" too?

Why don't they take some of that enormous profit margin and build some more
fabs?  I wonder how much business they have lost because of poor parts
availability.  I wonder if they wonder!

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.