hi andrew,

no problem.  as they say, no dumb questions.  the answer is yes, i did
try that, even though i was thinking that a menu selection for copy/part
was more what i was looking for.

bottom line:  i'm on part 1, do a tools/copy component, click to part 2,
do an edit/paste, and i see nothing in part 2.  i considered that maybe
it was placed, but merely outside the field i had visible, but the x/y
coordinates are visible as in the first part.  in lieu of an edit/paste, i
also
looked thru the place and tools menu for a paste component option. no
luck.

thanks, miker

*                      - or email -