Robison Michael R CNIN wrote:

> hello,
>
> i've set up a 6-part component in my component library and i built
> up the first part and now i want to copy this first part into the second
> part and then edit the pin numbers and remove the vcc and gnd, but
> i can't figure out how to copy the first part into the second part.  i
> tried to just drag around the entire first part and do a copy/paste but
> that won't work.

I have used copy and paste for this, and it works.  I may have had to use
the copy and paste in the edit pull-down menu, rather than the key shortcut,

I dodn't remember.  You have to drag the select box around the part, or
just select all before the copy.  When you do the paste, you have to
set the zoom and origin first, or you have the entire 32 x 32" domain in
the component window.

Jon