Brad Velander wrote:

> Dave, Yu-Ming Luo,
>         just to join the consensus here. I do exactly the same procedure
> that Dave has explained. It would be a great boost to Protel if they would
> implement a paired mechanical layers scheme. As boards get more dense and 2
> sided assemblies the norm, there is presently too much work manually
> fidgeting with these unruly procedures to do what other packages do
> intuitively and automatically.

While this change is under discussion, I'd like to add in one other
consideration.
I think this has been mentioned by others, too.  A keepout layer that is
associated
with EACH outer layer would be a boon.  A keepout layer that affects BOTH
surfaces of the board is such a limitation that I don't use keepouts where I'd
like to.  This, of course, affects the autorouter.

Jon