At 02:42 PM 8/21/2001 -0500, Jon Elson wrote:

>While this change is under discussion, I'd like to add in one other
>consideration.
>I think this has been mentioned by others, too.  A keepout layer that is
>associated
>with EACH outer layer would be a boon.  A keepout layer that affects BOTH
>surfaces of the board is such a limitation that I don't use keepouts where I'd
>like to.  This, of course, affects the autorouter.
>
>Jon

This would GREATLY enhance use of the autorouter. (assuming that they
eventually fix it or adopt someone else's)
A single keep out for all layers is just not practical on today's boards,
and wasn't that good of an idea yesterday even.
Please, someone make a note that we need this major and obvious limitation
removed...Mr Protel.

Frank

Frank Gilley
Dell-Star Technologies