Brad Velander wrote:

> Am I missing something guys? With P99SE you can have keepouts on any layer
> that you want, right? I thought this was the current situation, am I wrong?
>         Possibly you hadn't noticed? In P99SE, draw a line on any layer any
> shape, edit the properties, click on the little keepout checkbox in the
> bottom of the window.

great!  I had missed that improvement!  (It isn't in the book, of course!  They

must have had a warehouse full of old P99 (Not SE) books to get rid of!)

So, it looks like it probably fools the router into thinking these are real
tracks
pre-placed, but then knows to not put them on the actual gerber output.
They DO show up as if they were the copper layer, so you have to go into
the edit box to make sure they are not really going to become copper on
the board.

Jon