anyone noticed:
when you hit F9 to make gerbers it makes ones that you have previsouly selected
but have currently deselected
very aggravating and a potential source of trouble

scenario 1 (i dbl checked this)
made a simple bd, plotted and reviewed in camtastic
made some changes and decided not to make a top overlay
unchecked top overlay, and there it was made anew anyway, checked file dates
etc
could not make it stop producing what it first produced

yes saved and reopened the .cam file

scenario 2 (worse)
4 layer bd w/ paste masks, extra assem note layers, pik place etc
every time we replotted it made all new files of all the types including the
drill and pik files which were specifically unchecked

wiped the folder clean (external copy on hard drive, we never use the cam
output in the DDB, what good is that anyway?)

tried again with only gerbers checked, no drill, no pik
it made them all again

of course this has the effect of overwriting the pik files which had plotted
differently

at another iteration we renamed the PCB (the only PCB in the DDB) and ran the
F9
it properly prompted for a target board since the former one no longer existed
selected the board and it then made TWO sets of Gerbers with the both old name
and the new name!
47 files in all, all made in one pass, all in the same folder

more bush league behavoir IMHO

Dennis Saputelli