Which hatching option are you using - horizontal/vertical/90deg./45deg. ?
I've seen small gaps in polygon pours which go away (or sometimes move!)
depending on hatching option and track/grid settings.  As you've found, it's
sometimes a matter of trial and error to find the best combination.

Regards

Andy Gulliver