> I have created such things, I call them "mounting holes". Its a part with
> seven pads, a large in the centre and six around it. They numbered from 1
> to 7. Then I have a associated schematic symbol with seven overlapping
pins
> (all at the same location).
> Voila, just place as many parts on the schematic as you need, and the
> mounting holes will show up on the pcb and there are no drc problems at
all.

> Edi

Edi,
    That is what I originally did when I first started but I had a problem
with that.  When I go to route my board it connects the smaller via's to the
larger hole but after 4 of the 6 smaller ones have connected it won't
connect any more of them.  If I go in and use interactive routing I can see
this first hand because when I go to connect the 5th smaller one to the
center hole it will remove a trace from one of the others to allow only 4
connected to the center hole at one time.
    The other strange thing that happens then is that the screw hole with
the 4 smaller pads connected to the larger one won't connect to anything
external to itself, like the other screw hole next to it.  Have you
experienced similar problems?

Afshin Salehi
DPS Telecom

p.s.  Thank you all for the responses I have received to this E-mail.