At 12:35 19.09.01 -0700, you wrote:
> > I have created such things, I call them "mounting holes". Its a part with
> > seven pads, a large in the centre and six around it. They numbered from 1
> > to 7. Then I have a associated schematic symbol with seven overlapping
>pins
> > (all at the same location).
> > Voila, just place as many parts on the schematic as you need, and the
> > mounting holes will show up on the pcb and there are no drc problems at
>all.
> >
> > Edi
>
>Edi,
>     That is what I originally did when I first started but I had a problem
>with that.  When I go to route my board it connects the smaller via's to the
>larger hole but after 4 of the 6 smaller ones have connected it won't
>connect any more of them.  If I go in and use interactive routing I can see
>this first hand because when I go to connect the 5th smaller one to the
>center hole it will remove a trace from one of the others to allow only 4
>connected to the center hole at one time.

Do you have the "Automatically remove loops" switched on
(Tools|Preferences|Option Tap)?

>     The other strange thing that happens then is that the screw hole with
>the 4 smaller pads connected to the larger one won't connect to anything
>external to itself, like the other screw hole next to it.  Have you
>experienced similar problems?

No, But my smaller holes aren't vias, but pads, and this pads are located
within the annular ring of the centre hole. I don't have to connect all the
pads with tracks.

I still thinking of the reason, why you can connect four, but not more vias
to you centre pad. No ides till now.

Edi