From:   Edi Im Hof [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Tuesday, September 25, 2001 1:24 AM
To:     Protel EDA Forum
Subject:        Re: [PEDA] Virtual Shorts

At 11:47 24.09.01 -0700, you wrote:
>At 08:21 AM 9/24/01 -0500, Mark E Witherite wrote:
>>         The issue with the virtual short is that it must be cut to test
>> the two nets.

Has somebody tried to make the virtual short not virtual but real?
I mean, put it on the _solder_ side with a small gap (4..8mil) and let is
solder together on the solder wave. Or put it on the top side and expose
both pads and the gap on the top paste mask layer and solder it on the
reflow process.

Does one of this works reliable?

This would allow to test the bare board and connect them with no additional
costs.

Edi

<snip>