Our board house is asking for a GENCAD.CAD file for their flying probe
tester which I believe is made by GenRad.

Has anyone ever heard of this format?

Is this actually a format that Protel will produce, but named wrong?

GenRads web site is less than usefull since anything that might have
information in it is login protected.

The current board that is at issue was done in an OLD version of PCAD which
we don't have running and PCAD 2001 doesn't like the design because the
people who did it thought they were clever and combined power planes and
signal layers in a painful way. So we can't generate the GENCAD.CAD file
for them or the PDIF file they say they could also take. Of course if they
hadn't lost the program they did a year and half ago for this board they
wouldn't have this problem.

thanks,

Rob