At 11:28 AM 10/18/01 -0500, Ted Tontis wrote:
>         I am trying to import Gerber files into Protel, from Camtastic. I
>have no problems getting the files to generate, but there is a lot of
>information missing. The text is not complete and there are missing tracks.
>I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Assuming that the files look okay in CAMtastic.
How to proceed: cut down the gerber file and view pieces of it with
CAMtastic and through Protel import until you find *specifically* what is
not being imported. You should be able to come up with a small file showing
this, i.e., a little bit of import that works and a little bit that does
not. Then you can send the file to one of us (not to the list!), I'm
willing to look at it.

There are a lot of flavors of Gerber and possible ways for translation and
import to go wrong, and I could start guessing, but that could take all day....

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA