Thanks everyone for the help on this; Aalt's pointer to the info about
grouping the parts is the key that should allow me to do what I want!

Cliff Ober

-----Original Message-----
From: Aalt Lokhorst [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 7:20 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Schematic hetero capabilities?

Hello all,

Wednesday, October 24, 2001 12:58 PM Douglas McDonald wrote:

> I've seen a mechanism for achieving this recently on another tool. You can
> add run-time attributes to each gate such as "GROUP=FPGA1" and then during
> annotation only parts with compatible attributes can/will be put together.
> This could also be very useful for defining components in isolated regions
> ie. "REGION=ISOLATED 5V" or some such. I'm not sure, but I think that the
> Protel database structure should be able to handle another field(s) -
> perhaps there's a DDB expert who could comment...

I think it is already in Protel, look in the 'handbookp99se.pdf' at page
142. You can find the file at www.protel.com. The pagenumber might be
different if Protel/Altium updated the file. Look for the subject 'Preparing
the Design for PCB Layout, Grouping parts into the same physical component'.

Aalt Lokhorst (e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED])