Tom wrote:

> When I'm placing tracks on a mechanical layer and change the width of the
> track (using TAB) the "look ahead" segment of the track changes to one of
> the signal layers.
>
> It  is not possible to change the layer back by using "+", "-" or
> "*" (they
> cycle through the signal layers only). So I have to stop placing the track
> and select the mechanical layer tab and then start again.
>
> Is there any way to stop this annoying behaviour?

Yes, there is. In stead of using Interactive Routing or Place Track, you
should use the command Place Line (P-L). Then you can cycle through all
layers. When you change layer, no via is generated (I think, that's the
desired behaviour, when you are placing lines, in stead of tracks).

Have a nice day!

Joop Reekers
Semecs bv, Almelo-NL