Thanks

That sounds like a winner - I will try it later.

Wayne

                    "Thomas"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]       To:     "'Protel EDA Forum'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    m.au>                cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: [PEDA] Clearance from edge
of board
                    01/11/01 14:44

                    Please respond

                    to "Protel EDA

                    Forum"

Ok, create a new Room Definition (double click on
Design/Rules/Placement/Room Definition) as follows:

Filter Kind: Component Class
Component Class: All Components
(calculate the co-ordinates for 1cm inside your PCB boundary for the
following)
x1:
x2:
y1:
y2:

i.e. for a 100mm x 100mm PCB with bottom left corner at the origin:

x1:10
x2:90
y1:10
y2:90

Select which layer you want (are your component on the top or bottom layer,
if both then two Room Definition rules will be required).

Select "keep objects inside"

Run the DRC (Tools/Design Rule Check) with the Room Definition check box
ticked.

Any components outside the room will cause a violation.

Hope this helps,

Tom.