Folks,

I was informed that this particular "feature" was an accident or spin off
while developing
Windows schematics editor. This goes some way to explaining why when I
phoned Protel's
support group and asked about it a couple of years ago, they didn't have a
clue to what I
was talking about. I just hope they keep it and don't "accidently" remove it.

>Also, don't forget about Morphing (or Replication). Protel's best kept secret.
>
>The Schematic editor allows objects being placed to copy all the
>attributes of an existing
>object in the document. To copy using morphing involves holding an object
>(eg. resistor)
>currently floating on the cursor over another object (eg. capacitor) to
>replicated and hitting
>the INSERT key. In the example the resistor will become a capacitor
>floating with the cursor
>and all the capacitors attributes will be assigned to this new part,
>including refdes.

Regards,

Colin Weber