On 07:24 AM 15/11/2001 +1100, Colin Weber said:
>Folks,
>
>I was informed that this particular "feature" was an accident or spin off
>while developing
>Windows schematics editor. This goes some way to explaining why when I
>phoned Protel's
>support group and asked about it a couple of years ago, they didn't have a
>clue to what I
>was talking about. I just hope they keep it and don't "accidently" remove it.

I found out about this from the manual when P99 first came out.  It is my
habit to scan every page or 2nd page in a big manual for about 1 sec to see
if there is anything interesting.  The INS button functionality is in there
- just looked it up, Page 88 of the P99 manual.  Called Quick-Copy and
morphing in the index.

Colin, I think you (and me and the rest of us that use it) are safe, I
doubt there is any risk of it being removed.

I think it would make sense for the support people to at least have read
the manual - from cover to cover.

Ian