i think we are speaking of different things
i was referring to the 'replication' feature with the INSERT key

i use global edits all the time and without much trouble
they are one of the best features of the program

i just bought orcad capture 9.2 to do some work for others and although
i don't know the prog very well it does not seem to have the global edit
features
does anyone know about capture?
can you swap for example a footprint field across a bunch of sch
symbols?

i don't want to RTFM
there isn't one anyway!
orcad/cadence put in a pc of paper that something to the following
effect:
"in order to improve the documention we no longer supply printed
manuals"

BTW, i thought the price was not too bad for Capture,
$1395 if bought on web
i thought it used to be higher
(this does not include the CIS database stuff or any PCB)

Also while i am on this topic:
what is the consensus re reading writing orcad 9.2 files both into and
out of protel?
can the translations be trusted?

i opened one orcad file in protel and all the resistors were turned 90
degrees and disconnected
that was when i said screw this and bought Orcad
i realize the problem was due to my symbol 'R' being different than
their symbol 'R', but who has time to sift through it all and solve
every issue?

i also have come realize that an Orcad schematic is about as close as
you can get in this business to something like a Word .DOC file,
something that you can distribute with reasonable aplomb

i would much rather draw a schematic in protel though ...

Dennis Saputelli