> Footprints and components are saved to one of them (don't know
> how..........they are the same file), but not to the other, and I can
> even open both files at the same time!!
>
> What is going on???
>
> Steve

I have seen this problem before with mapped drives. (NT4/99SESP6 ? at the
time)
I opened a ddb thru' a network mapped drive, opened the sch library in that
ddb from the explorer panel then clicked Edit in the browser panel of a sch
and Protel opened a second instance of the same library as a seperate ddb -
one as mapped path one as full path. The two instances operated
independantly with niether one registering the other one's changes.
Different paths = different files ?
I have also had problems with the company bitmap logo on sch templates with
a mapped drive in the path name giving errors when other designers tried to
use them.

Work around - always go the long way and use full path names.

Michael Beavis

Advanced Mining Technologies Pty Ltd
Research & Development dept
PO Box 5107, Chittaway Bay, NSW, 2261, (Australia)
(3 Co-Wyn Close, Fountaindale, NSW, 2258)
Tel: (+61) 2 4389 2344
Fax: (+61) 2 4389 2355
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website:  www.advminingtech.com.au