On 05:22 PM 14/11/2001 +0000, Stephen Smith said:

>Also, is there a way to clear the recently opened files list from the
>"File Menu" of protel?

Yes. Edit the Client99se.ini file (in the Windows directory) - you should
find the list of past opened files easily enough.  This ini file can get
very long as all the opened files are saved in a huge list - not just the
last 4 or 10 or so as most other apps.

> >I've just recently realised what has been going on with my library
> >Ddb's.
> >Because the Ddb is stored a few directories down on a large company
> >server, I have mapped the drive, but it seems protel sometimes loads
>the
> >file form the mapped directory, and sometimes from the server, even
> >though it is one file.
> >example:
> >
> >//Sever1/DirectoryA/DirectoryB/DirectoryC/.........DirectoryG/Libraries
>/
> >Protel/Custom.Ddb
> >       H://Libraries/Protel/Custom.Ddb
> >
> >Footprints and components are saved to one of them (don't know
> >how..........they are the same file), but not to the other, and I can
> >even open both files at the same time!!
> >
> >What is going on???

Dunno.

Using Okam's Razor (the simplest answer is likely to be the correct), it
sounds like there are actually two files.  Maybe the mapping is not exactly
correct.

Can you search across the whole network for Custom.ddb and see what you
find - maybe the administrator will need to do this.

Ian Wilson