I have this same problem with Microsoft Visual Basic (but not with Microsoft
Visual C++). It causes problems with my version control system with VB
projects. I'm still on P98 so obviously I don't have the problem in Protel.

When I first saw this problem I thought it might be do to my use of Linux
servers running SAMBA but, I then found that the mapped paths are being
resolved to UNC names in the VB environment on Windows NT and 2000 servers.

I've been seeking a solution to this problem for over a year and have yet to
find one. My guess has been that it was just an undocumented bug in VB, but
now that you've seen it in Protel 99SE I'm beginning to think it's a bug in
some Microsoft database support DLL's.

Paul

Paul Hutchinson
Chief Engineer