I think that I know what you mean,

As a workaround if you really want to edit it in Protel ddb, you can import
the saved Excel file from Excel, which you created from the CSV.

Why dont you just use the spreadsheet capabilities of Protel, its not the
most state of the art thing that the world has ever seen but I think that it
would do the task.

Good luck trying to work this one out!
Wayne Bickers