I do remember seeing a few connectors like this,  I believe they were
in the legacy PCB libraries.  I specifically remember seeing a DB9 SMT
connector,  somewhere.

I'd use one of these as a model,  and morf it into whatever you need.
I don't think it is anything more than creating a component with
surface pads on the top and bottom layers,  along with whatever
mechanical dimensions are required.

---Phil

RMRC> hello,

RMRC> i just finished a board that had an connector with little smt-type
RMRC> feet, some that contacted with the top, some that contacted with
RMRC> the bottom of the board.  i played with getting a footprint with top
RMRC> and bottom pads, but it didn't seem to want to cooperate, so i
RMRC> ended up hacking it and splitting the connector into two separate
RMRC> connectors in the schematic and assigning separate footprints to
RMRC> them and merely displacing the bottom one to the bottom side on
RMRC> the pcb itself.

RMRC> i've now got another board to do with the same type of connector,
RMRC> only smaller, and i'd like to footprint the thing properly so that it
RMRC> is only one connector and has top and bottom surface pads.

RMRC> is this possible?  could someone give me a hint on how to do it.

RMRC> thank you, miker