Tim Fifield wrote:

> I have a few square thru-hole pads on a PCB, but when I set up a design rule
> to create a rectangle clearance on the GND plane it still produces a
> circular clearance so the corners of the pad are still touching the GND
> plane.
>
> Filter Kind is Pad Specification.
> Hole, XY dimensions match.
> Rectangle box is checked.
>
> Am I missing something?

It seems Protel only supports round pads on inner layers.  Forcing a
rectangular pad onto the inner layers results in this problem.  I know
of no way to get a rectangular clearance on a power plane layer.  Protel
can pour copper around rectangular pads correctly on signal layers, if
you must have them.  Why do you need a rectangular pad on an
inner layer.  Mostly, they are used to visually mark pad 1 on the
outer layers.

Jon