I think what you are missing is that there really isn't a square pad on the
plane for which you need to generate a clearance.  You are generating a
blowout around the hole.  Plane clearances are normally expressed as a void
expansion around the hole.

If you mean that you have described a square hole for the fab to route,
then the easiest way to clear the hole on the plane is to simply place a
square pad on each of the plane layers (i.e. a single layer pad on each
layer) that is the desired clearance around the square hole. Remember, what
you see on the planes represents void - what you don't see is all copper
(they are negative images).

At 06:04 PM 11/21/01 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a few square thru-hole pads on a PCB, but when I set up a design rule
>to create a rectangle clearance on the GND plane it still produces a
>circular clearance so the corners of the pad are still touching the GND
>plane.
>
>Filter Kind is Pad Specification.
>Hole, XY dimensions match.
>Rectangle box is checked.