Terry,
Thanks for the response, sorry to rant, I understand the variety of choice,
but I am dealing with a situation where the master of the Orcad schematic I
am taking in is rather reluctant to modify much
on that end which is causing me more work on my end plus the constant errors
in power connections
becuase of two diff. voltages and cut and pasting parts, the way it is being
done.
So I just had to rant a little on some of the comments.
At a previous company we actually took a vote and ended up making an extra
power
gate within the part which you saw as you where placing symbols so it was a
little
easier not to forget to connect power, this allowed one graphic to really
represent many
parts. I also realize this is a pain to hav eto remember to connect up power
each time,
but that was the way the majority wanted it llokking at all the pros and
cons of quite
a few ways to handle it within the particular CAD system at the time.
VeriBest (now Mentor) had a real slick way of handling this having only one
graphic
symbol to represent any number of dif. part numbers. You placed the symbol
by what they called
a part and it took in the proper symbol.
I do absolutely agree that keeping the schematic as simple a possible is
best, and I really it is up to the
group you are dealing with how that is best handled trying to balance the
unclutterd schematic vs
making painless for the schematic to be generated correct to design intent.
Thanks
Bob
Robert M. Wolfe, C.I.D.