On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 16:22:34 -0800, Dwight wrote:

>PERSONALLY, I don't find a couple extra pins per IC that cluttering.

But what about gates, what does a nand SR latch look like with power pins?
Or big chips which might have 40 power pins?

>I also
>find it easier to have the power net listed there than having to flip to
>another page (especially since that "flipping" is usually on a pdf file!).
>HOWEVER, much of this stuff IS personal preference -- to each his own!

Unless you are the only one who is ever going to see the schematic I
disagree. Schematics distributed with products may have to be read by
hundreds or thousands of engineers for many years to come.

Someone screwing up netlist generation a couple of times because they
didn't understand or check hidden power connections is not a good excuse
for making all those engineers suffer.

Cheers, Terry.