> > I've tried entering my Protel 99SE license number (purchased
> > before 1 Oct 2001) and this link doesn't work. My local
> > Protel distributor was under the impression this was for ATS
> > members only.
> >
> > Would anyone care to email the Protel 99SE training manual to me?
> >
> > Andrew Ircha
>
> What I don't understand is why would you not let
> all users have a document that helps you use there
> software??? It is not like they couldn't do with
> all the documentation help they (Protel) can get.
>
> Darren Moore

My guess is that Altium has figured that many of the people using Protel do
not have a "kosher" copy of this, and by providing additional documentation
*solely* to those who can prove that they *are* "kosher" users, such users
will then be at an advantage over the other users (who will need to continue
relying solely upon whatever Help and/or Acrobat files were provided with
their non-"kosher" copy of Protel).

(In the past, Protel didn't lose an excessive amount of sleep over such use;
their reasoning was that at least some of these users would eventually
become legitimate users. But now that Altium is a publicly listed company, I
surmise that not only are there now more financially demanding objectives
for Altium to comply with, but there is also an increased requirement for
Altium's activities and policies to "pass muster" when these are "put under
the microscope" by market analysts.)

I guess this provides a taste of what is to come (and is a dress rehearsal
by Altium for future usage). I can see future SPs, addon Servers, etc, being
available for download solely to those who can provide a valid ATS code at
the time...

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer