Indeed! All CAD s/w that I have purchased professionally has been subject to
extended periods of 'private' evaluation, using various unmentionable
methods. I hasten to add that the private evaluation was exclusively
non-profit, as (don't tell anybody) electronics was (and remains) a hobby as
well as a career. Sometimes I think I'd have been better off to keep it as a
hobby, and select a career in finance, like all of my university peers.
Unfortunately my Father was a Toolmaker, so I received too much
encouragement! I estimate that my special evaluation methods have resulted
in total CAD purchases of about $50,000. Not all to Protel!

Steve.