At 11:37 AM 12/18/01 +1100, Geoff Harland wrote:
>My guess is that Altium has figured that many of the people using Protel do
>not have a "kosher" copy of this, and by providing additional documentation
>*solely* to those who can prove that they *are* "kosher" users, such users
>will then be at an advantage over the other users (who will need to continue
>relying solely upon whatever Help and/or Acrobat files were provided with
>their non-"kosher" copy of Protel).

Or this list, if they are so bold. Many aren't.

I sincerely hope that Mr. Harland's guess is not the case. The most
successful software companies in the world have been the ones that were
most pirated. Obviously, if everyone pirated the software, they would not
have been successful, but it may also be true that the piracy has actually
increased their sales, for the reason that Mr. Harland went on to mention:

Many unlicensed users go on to become licensed users. If a student, for
example, decides to do what is really obvious but which I will not mention
in order to continue to use the demo software, and he becomes familiar with
Protel, what exactly is he going to ask his boss in a couple of years to buy?

It's a no-brainer. Which makes me wonder about the brains of those who work
so hard to prevent all piracy, with programs where user training represents
an investment as large as that in the software itself.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA