Yea, I have some issues with camtastic as a CAM tool. I agree that a board
fab would not use it since it does have some limitations.

It needs to handle merging drill and gerber data from different designs a bit
better. The naming gets weird and the drills never merge quite right...

It also needs a bit of an update on the formats of files it can export. One
that works with protel would be nice...also need to fix the bug with long
path names causing components to form from fills...