Bob Wolfe wrote:

> Nope,
> I did in fact do an update cache (I forgot to mention that) and it says
> nothing was updated,
> also the footprint pulldown does actually contain the new footprint, my
> problem is that you need
> to actually select or edit every unique part in the schematic to get the
> system to use this new footprint on the board. It does put the name there,
> the system just won't use it till you manually touch it.
> Thanks
> Bob
> Robert M. Wolfe, C.I.D.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Since the footprints (feetprint?) specified in the library editor are
not the only "legal" footprints for that schematic part, I would not
expect assigned footprints on existing parts to be changed when you
change the library part (other than changing the footprints listed in
the drop-down box).

You can quickly change all occurences (or selected occurences) of a
footprint to any other footprint using Global Edit - you don't have to
change each part individually.

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF