Peter Bennet Wrote
> Since the footprints (feetprint?) specified in the library editor are
> not the only "legal" footprints for that schematic part, I would not
> expect assigned footprints on existing parts to be changed when you
> change the library part (other than changing the footprints listed in
> the drop-down box).
>
> You can quickly change all occurences (or selected occurences) of a
> footprint to any other footprint using Global Edit - you don't have to
> change each part individually.

Thanks Pete,
But is it not true that you need to globally update each unique footprint
type part (not every part) at least separately globaly, sorry if I was not
clear enough about this.
By that I mean you can globally update all the footprint names FROM
"conn,.1ctr,.025pin,vert,shrd"  TO say "XYZ" , etc but you still need to do
that for each footprint type.
On a large schematic that can still be a bit of work.
I admit it is easy for resistors, caps etc. the majority use the same
footprint
0603 etc. And those are not as much an issue to change.
Unless there is some other way to drive the global update or I am not using
it to its fullest,
this is still seems way too much work for a large schematic.
Thanks
Bob Wolfe