I would forsee no technical problems in plating a countersunk hole,
assuming that the boring is done before copper plating. As long as that
hole processing comes before electroless copper, it *will* be plated. I
suppose some processes might take the copper back if the bore wall was not
protected during etch, but assuming that pad area in the artwork covered
the bore area, I'd expect it to work. If you *don't* have pad there, then
there might be problems.

I would suggest, for fabricator convenience, using a unique hole size for
the countersunk holes; a fab note can then refer to that nominal hole size
and give special instructions. I'd make the hole size (what PRotel thinks
is the hole) as large as the bore max diameter and the pad larger than
that, this will ensure clearance on all layers including negative planes; I
would not go below this in hole or pad size unless it was absolutely
necessary, in which case one would have to be more careful when checking
the design.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA